Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 26: Discovery


3rd July


I had just found out that one of my acquaintance is working in the same area as I am. With haste I set a date. It would be refreshing to spend my lunch break with friend in the same vicinity for once in a while. It has been six weeks since I started working at aaza and it I have had the same company for lunch ever since.

  • Look into Bukit Tunku
  • Look into Amin Rafie
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Bukit Tunku Project

The scheduled meeting with the client was brought forward to noon which gave me approximately an hours notice before Mr. Azhar would require my work. I had to rush on the numerous design changes before then in the short time span. I managed to complete and print the task on time and handed it over to Mr. Azhar.

Amin Rafie Project

I started the pre-existing building plans as soon as Amir told me my previous drawing lacked details and pointed out the errors I made. After going through the changes I would have to amend, I started work immediately. Before I left the office, I saved the file on the desktop just in case Jafirul or Amir would need the file; although not completed yet.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Since I did not join my colleagues for lunch due to a prior engagement, they started being suspicious and inspected every inch of me. They asked numerous questions and pointed every irregularity on my appearances. So basically the joke of the day was my rendezvous with a certain someone until the bigger joke of the day came; almost all of our active project will meet the deadline in less then 48 hours. The timing was perfect when Mr. Azhar mentioned it, he told my colleagues when there was an hour left before closing time. Therefore:

Deadline = Saturday
Remaining time = 1 hour (Thursday) + 8 hours (Friday)
Active projects = Amin Rafie + Tayton View + UM + Getmara

The outcome would not in anyway look good as none of the projects were fully prepared for a submission. After the boss left, a series of jokes came from part of their frustration.

End of Day 26

No comments: