Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 32: Gold card member

14th July

The traffic congestion today was at its worst. As I heard over the radio station, a few roads within KL were blocked causing a chain effect leading to the biggest obstruction I have ever experienced. I arrived at workplace an hour late and it was raining. Not a very good sign if you are superstitious.

  • Look into Bukit Tunku Project
  • Company Lunch
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Bukit Tunku Project

I continued working on the Bukit Tunku Project. I came up with an idea of using a design similar to Ar. Bjarke Ingel of tiles to produce an image from afar. A second proposal was to create a scenic structural landscape using tiles. However, I was told to produce working drawings for the ideas to be presented to the contractor and a 3D model for the client. As the computer was not being cooperative, I had numerous delays and lost the mood to continue working.

Company Lunch

We had a company lunch today initiated by me. I wanted something we could do together and talk while everyone is around. Therefore I suggested pizza and with the gold card from Domino’s, large scale food purchasing became less of a burden. I told every one of my plans including the boss and the mood suddenly became much more cheerful today. When lunch time came, I brought the food into the meeting room and all seven of us sat down and enjoyed four different pizzas, garlic bread, BBQ chicken and gas drinks. All of us enjoyed ourselves and talked crap and joked throughout the meal.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

It’s another two weeks to go before I finish my training and Mr. Azhar is already talking about holding a company lunch for my farewell. The others were more interested in the traditional farewell bash instead and were still holding talks on that. Mr. Azhar’s car was in the workshop due to suspension problems and I sent him to the workshop. On the way I introduced him to Win’s Art and he was overjoyed to find a shop so close to his firm. As I got back to the office, I started my recently acquired favorite activity in the office; sleep.

End of Day 32

No comments: