Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 34: Captain Azlan

16th July

Did not have the willpower to wake up as usual and ended up leaving the house later than usual thus losing my common parking spot.

  • Look into Bukit Tunku Project
  • Look into Kota Damansara Project
  • Kota Damansara Site Visit
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Bukit Tunku Project

I managed to complete the design proposals today after working on it for several hours. As I completed it, Amir had asked me to print a few drawings as requested from Mr. Azhar. There were a few problems with the layering which was discovered after the drawings were printed out. Amir amended the problems while I watched.

Kota Damansara Project/ Site Visit

There was a site visit for the Kota Damansara site visit today as part of the As-Built procedure. A procedure where the architect unofficially inspects the building to determine if it is built according to the drawings and the changes on-site compared to the drawings. Before leaving for the site visit, I was required to print an A3 sized drawings on the project. Because I couldn’t find the latest drawings among the numerous drawings in the computer, I ended up having to carry along the only hardcopy of the project to site. At site, I was required to do the inspection instead. The client and Mr. Azhar left early for a coffee break while I continued inspecting the house. During inspections I had total control over the situation as I was the only ‘architect’ there and thus my position was the highest compared to the contractor and the worker.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

As I completed inspections of the house, it was already 1600. I was given prior permission to leave early after the site visit. There I stood in a dilemma either to return to office or to bum at the nearest shopping mall; The Curve. The choice was obvious; I went to The Curve and slept.

End of Day 34


No comments: