Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 35: My boss is cool

17th July

I got my guitar into the office today as I haven’t been practicing for a week and there’s a lesson after work. I had planned to practice during break hour and free time.

  • Look into Bukit Tunku Project
  • Look into Kota Damansara Project
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Bukit Tunku Project

Although I have completed my design proposals, I have yet to present them to Mr. Azhar the day before. Today I presented the designs and he returned a few comments and amendments I should work on. I keep reminding myself that no initial designs will ever be accepted and constant changes in the field are bound to happen. A proposed metal railing was then substituted with a timber rail for the balcony area.


Kota Damansara Project

As from the inspection the day before, I had noted a few changes compared to the site and approved drawings. Apparently this process is to determine As-Built. Before I complete training I would have to work on the As-Built drawings on the project. This would involve constant traveling to the site and the office and possible lack of sleep. Today I spent time searching for the latest drawings on the project which I could use.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

My boss saw my guitar case today and asked if it was mine. One thing led to the other and he had a go with my guitar. Surprisingly, he was awesomely good compared to anyone I’ve seen. His rhythm, timing and composure were great. It did not take long for me to admire the man even more. He had a few laughs of his own then started to resume work.

End of Day 35

No comments: